Call for Participation
TRADITIONAL TEXTILES: EMBRACING CHANGE, HONORING TRADITIONS
The 7th ASEAN Traditional Textile Symposium (ATTS 7)
Yogyakarta, 5 – 8 November, 2019
The organizers of the 7th ASEAN Traditional Textile Symposium invite textile enthusiasts, students of textile design, art and photography students to participate in a Competition of Traditional Textiles Photography. The winning artwork will be exhibited at the symposium venue, the Royal Ambarukmo Hotel, Yogyakarta, throughout the duration of the symposium.
The ASEAN Traditional Textile Symposium (ATTS), now in its seventh year, is the flagship of ASEAN Traditional Textiles Symposia in South-East Asia. ATTS is supported by 10 ASEAN member nations—consisting of Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam—as well as an international community of traditional textile enthusiasts. The symposium serves as a forum to promote traditional textiles knowledge and to discuss issues of preservation with an emphasis on the latest advances in traditional textile technologies and their application from the research and development perspectives.
Subjects for the photography competition should take inspirations from ASEAN Traditional Textiles. Preferably, the image should convey the beauty of handwoven textiles, their socio-cultural importance, and the innovative roles of producers and artisans. It should inspire people to learn more about textile’s motifs, materials, and techniques, and it should highlight the issues of preservation of traditional textile practices.
- Due date: 30 September 2019
- Notification of Acceptance: 31 October, 2019
- Exhibition date: 5 – 8 November 2019
- Announcement of winners: 6 November 2019
- Theme: “TRADITIONAL TEXTILES: EMBRACING CHANGE, HONORING TRADITIONS”
- Participants: there is no restrictions who can participate in the Traditional Textile Photography Competition, but we especially encourage students of Art, Design, and Photography in Indonesia as well as abroad to apply
- Awards: there will be a first prize of US$500, trophies and certificates
- Admission: the submitted image/photograph must be the submitter’s own work and has never been submitted to other photography competitions
- Cameras allowed: digital camera, pocket camera, smart phones or mirrorless DSLR.
- Digital processing: Adjusting the level of brightness, contrast, and cropping are allowed as long as it does not disturb the integrity of the image. No combined composite or montage resulting from deleting/changing certain elements in the image is allowed
- Number of submissions: Maximum 3 (three) images
- Format: each image must be submitted in digital format (JPEG) and in a hard copy measuring 10R (25,4 x 30,5 cm or 10 x 12 inch)
- Photography types: Black & White or Colour
- Evaluation criteria: conformity with the theme, aesthetics, and level of difficulty
- The Committee has the right to refuse any submitted photograph(s) not genuinely made by the claimed photographer. The decisions of the Competition Committee are unconditional and inviolable
- The Competition Committee has the right to use the submitted images/ photographs for publication. The Committee is not responsible for claims on the use of certain facilities, locations, model release and other objects seen in the photograph submitted.
- Each submitted image/ photograph should be attached with the following information:
- Name, email and phone number of the photographer
- Type of camera used
- Title of image/photograph (optional)
- Affiliated organization (if any)
- All submissions should be sent to both the below addresses:
- for a hard copy:
Panitia Lomba Fotografi ATTS 7
Jl.Muara Dalam Kav. 108
Tanjung Barat – Jakarta Selatan 12530
- for a hard copy: